Friday, February 13, 2015

People in Bars Are Stupid

Hmm, I guess you probably want me to explain the title of this post. Well, be patient. I’ll get there.

Yesterday was busy, but busy in a good way. I started the day with a tripod lamp, an impulse purchase from a few days earlier.  My friend had a similar lamp. And then I accidentally stumbled on it. The price was 50% off the regular price. And I could not resist. What's your favorite lamp?

Lunch was delicious and consisted of a turkey and avocado wrap with lettuce, tomatoes and Vegenaise, a handful of Mary’ crackers and a few organic strawberries.

I was hoping to get in a run yesterday, but I ran out of time. Even though my diet is improving, I’m still have a difficult time incorporating exercise into my daily routine. I’m trying to come up with some kind of goal for July, so stay tuned.

Onto dinner, which is where stupid people come into play.


I met my friend Amanda at Lulu, a fun bar and cafe, in Bay View. I love Lulu. They have great food and drinks. What I did not love were my encounters with the ridiculous last night.

Amanda and I enjoyed a few cocktails and shared a spread trio, which consisted of hummus, olive tapenade and Boursin cheese. As far as I’m concerned, olive tapenade should be on EVERYTHING! I’m even considering putting it in my Kix tomorrow morning, that’s how much I love it.

We also split a Greek Pizza.

So, encounter with stupid person # 1 wasn’t actually all that bad. He was just an older gentleman who was seated next to me at the bar and he leaned over to ask us to move down a seat, so that there was an empty seat between us. Sure, no problem. He then proceeded to explain that we were hindering his macking abilities and that he wanted the opportunity to hit on someone more age appropriate.

Alright dude, that sounds a little creepy, but good luck with it! Down a seat we moved. Not really stupid, just kind of funny.

Stupid person #2 was truly ridiculous and I have never experienced something like it in my whole life. Mind you it was a Wednesday evening at 6 p.m., not 2 a.m. on a weekend.

I went to use the restroom and while I was washing my hands, this woman looked at me and our interaction went as follows:

Woman: Can I ask you a question.

Me: Sure (thinking she was going to ask me if her hair looked okay, or if she had something in her teeth).

Woman: Do I have garlic breath?

Wait for it…

She then proceeded to BREATH DIRECTLY INTO MY FACE!!!!!! What the hell! Are you kidding me…

Me: In a complete state of shock and trying not to vomit, I had no idea how to respond, so I simply said “yes, you do and it’s awful. Would you like a piece of gum?”

I left the restroom feeling disgusted and used. I went back to the bar to tell my friend about what had just happened and it seemed so crazy that she almost didn’t believe me. But trust me, you can make that kind of craziness up.

Lesson learned, when someone wants to ask me a question in the bathroom, I will just say no.

Ugh, it was so gross. I hope the garlic breath ruined that chick’s date!